Converting a rFactor 1 Track to rFactor 2
1. Get/Install “ConvertTrack.vbs” to your \rFactor2\ModDev\Locations\ folder. https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmsaqvsvx75qszi/ConvertTrack.vbs
2. Go to \rFactor2\Installed\Locations\ and copy the “Joesville” folder.
3. Go to \rFactor2\ModDev\Locations\ and paste the “Joesville” folder.
4. Go to \rFactor2\ModDev\Locations\ and double click ConvertTrack.vbs
5. Go to the rFactor 1 Track folder that you wish to convert to rFactor 2 and copy the name of the track AIW file.
6. Paste the Track Name into the “ConvertTrack.vbs” dialog box and click “OK”
7. “ConvertTrack.vbs” will say “Done” if the process was successful.
8. A New Track Folder has been created with samples and template files for a basic rFactor 2 Track.
9. Go to the original rFactor 1 track folder and copy the .AIW, .CAM, _Loading.JPG and the Thmb.TGA files.
10. Go to \rFactor2\ModDev\Locations\New Track Folder\New Track Folder\ and Paste the files, choose overwrite when prompted.
11. Open the .GDB files in both the new and old folders.
12. In the new .GDB file change TrackName = to the exact name of the new track folder.
13. In the new .GDB file change VenueIcon = Joesville\JoesvilleIcon.dds to the exact name of the new track folder and create a new icon named .DDS tracknameIcon.dds
14. Change the other details of the track such as Event Name, Track Type, Location and Length with information from the original .GDB.
15. From the original .GDB file. Copy all of the text below TerrainDataFile=trackname.tdf and paste it below TerrainDataFile=trackname.tdf in the new .GDB file.
16. Save the .GDB and close it.
17. Open 3DSimEd3
18. Go to “Home” tab and click “Import”. Choose the rFactor 1 track you wish to convert.
19. Right click on the Sky box and choose Object>skyboxi.gmt
20. Click the red X in the pop up panel.
21. Go to “Export” tab and click rFactor2>Save rFactor 2 Objects.
22. Save the .GMTs to \rFactor2\ModDev\Locations\New Track Folder\Assets\GMT\
23. Go to “Export” tab and click “Export Textures” to \rFactor2\ModDev\Locations\New Track Folder\Assets\GMT\ when prompted to change names choose “No”
24. Go to \rFactor2\ModDev\Locations\New Track Folder\Assets\GMT\ folder and open “_output.scn” with Notepad.
25. Go to Edit>Select All and Edit>Copy and copy everything in the file and then close it.
26. Go to \rFactor2\ModDev\Locations\New Track Folder\New Track Folder\ and open the New Track Name .SCN file.
27. Select everything under “Instance=xfinish” and paste contents of “_output.scn” to it and close/save the file.
28. Go run it on the track…